Today I’m sharing a recipe for an insanely delicious and relatively easy dessert that’s perfect for Spring. It’s a fun twist on a lemon meringue pie and angel food cake. Enjoy!
Lemon Filled Angel Food Cake
Angel Food Cake Mix
1 package of lemon pie filling
3/4 cup of sugar
3 egg yolks
2 1/2 cups hot water
1 package of Nutriwhip
1. Bake the Angel food cake according to the package directions. Let it cool completely.
2. Make the lemon pie filling. The filling also needs to be cooled completely so to speed it up you can separate it into two smaller bowls and then pop them in the fridge. Just be sure to stir them every so often.
3. Next you need to cut off the top of the cake, about 3/4 of the way up. Set the top aside. Then pinch out a circle within the bottom part of the cake for the filling. Set aside the pieces you removed in a small bowl for later.
4. Make the whipping cream. Make sure its nice and fluffy! Then you want to fold the whipping cream into the lemon filling. Use about half the lemon filling and about 2 cups of the whipping cream.
5. Spoon the mixture into the space in the cake.
6. Place the pieces of cake you had set aside on top of the filling. This helps to make the cake stonger and stand up instead of collapsing. Put the top of the cake back onto the bottom.
7. Cover the cake with the rest of the whipped cream.
8. Garnish the top of the cake with lemons!