What’s the best part about the Holidays? Spending time with the ones you love while indulging in treats and tasty drinks! Vickie, Kassandra and I had so much fun snacking on cake pops and drinking some delicious mulled wine. Scroll through for three festive Holiday recipes!
-4 Cups Apple Cider
-1 Bottle Red Wine (We used a Cabernet Sauvignon)
-1/4 cup honey
-2 cinnamon sticks
-1 orange zested and juiced
-3 star anise
-garnish of your choice (we used dried oranges)
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil
2. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes and serve warm with the garnish of your choice!
-2 cups cranberries
-1 cup water
-1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Rinse cranberries & set aside.
- In medium saucepan heat 1 cup water & 1 cup sugar until sugar is dissolved & liquid is warm. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat & allow to come to room temperature. (cranberries will pop if the syrup is too hot)
- Once syrup is cool- pour over cranberries & place something on top of the cranberries to hold them down in the syrup since they will naturally float.
- Cover & refrigerate overnight.
- Once your cranberries have soaked for allotted time – strain out cranberries in colander & reserve syrup for other recipes.
- Pat cranberries dry with paper towel. They should be tacky not wet.
- Work in batches of 3-4 cranberries at a time – roll in small bowl of granulated sugar to coat.
- Allow sugar to harden onto cranberries on a baking sheet for several hours.
- Store at room temperature.
On Kass: Dress and Earrings-Anthropologie; Bracelets-Joe Fresh; Shoes-Betsey Johnson
On Vickie: Dress-Kate Spade; Necklace and Shoes-Forever 21; Bracelet-J Crew; Ring-Gorjana
Fruit Cake Pops
If there was one dessert synonymous with Christmas it would be Fruit Cake. Unfortunately its no ones favorite. We thought what better way to use up those not so tasty cakes? Make cake pops! It’s incredibly easy and they taste 100 times better!
1. Crumble up the fruit cake into a large bowl. This is where you can choose to add the icing or not.
2. If you don’t add the icing simply roll them into balls
3. If you do add the icing to the crumbled cake mix it with your hands until it is incorporated. Once the icing is mixed in roll them into balls and then pop them in the freezer (20 mins)
4. Melt your chocolate in 30 second intervals in the microwave or use a double boiler
5. Dip the cake pop stick in the melted chocolate and let harden for a few seconds. Then push the stick into the cake ball
6. Dip the entire ball in the melted chocolate and add sprinkles
7. Place the sticks in a foam block (or a deep cup filled with rice) to let harden