Today is my 30th Birthday. I am lucky enough to spend it with my entire family on Vacation in Arizona. 30 is milestone for anyone and I thought it would be fun to share 30 things I’ve learned in my 30 years. So in no particular order here they are:
1. True, lifelong friends are the ones you can go months or even years without seeing and pick up right where you left off.
2. Take care of your skin. Wear sunscreen. Splurge on the all expesnive moisturizer. It’s the only skin you’ve got!
3. Don’t ever say No to dessert. You will regret it later!
4. Don’t ever let someone new cut your bangs. Ever. Not even once.
5. Wear color all year round.
6. Lipstick can upgrade any outfit and lift any mood.
7. Paint at least one wall in your house a bright color.
8. Expensive clothes do not equal style nor do they equal good taste.
9. Don’t invest too much in trendy pieces.
10. Invest in classic pieces like a leather jacket, denim, the perfect pump and a little black dress.
11. Adopt an animal. It will change your perspective and your life. There are so many animals that need homes and the reward is so much greater than you can imagine.
12. Stand up for what you believe in.
13. Don’t ever be embarrassed to speak your mind.
14. Take vacations! Even for just a few days and even if it’s just at home.
15. Read as much as you can.
16. Don’t ever settle. Not for a partner, a job, a salary or a bad haircut.
17. Working out is the worst. But it must be done. Try to switch it up to make it bearable!
18. Shampoo the top of your hair and condition the bottom.
19. Laugh as much as you possibly can and surround yourself with people that make you laugh.
20. Don’t hold grudges.
21. Be honest with people. Even if it means a few moments of awkwardness.
22. Spend as much time as you can outside.
23. Karma counts. Hold open doors, pick up litter, and always say please and thank you.
24. Go to Europe. Anywhere in Europe.
25. Treat yourself to fresh flowers. It’s such a small thing but makes you feel so great.
26. Step outside your comfort zone.
27. Don’t gossip.
28. Take a roadtrip with your best friends.
29. If you can think of 3 ways to wear something you should definitely buy it.
30. Eat the damn cupcake!