Category Archives: Beauty
I’m pretty dedicated to my beauty products and once I find one I like I stick to it. Lately though I find myself wanting to expand my horizons and try out some new brands. Here a few new discoveries:
- Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion and Moisturizer: I kept walking by the Body Shop and seeing the advertisements for this new line. On a whim I decided to pop in and pick up these two products. Vitamin C is supposed to help produce collagen and improve elasticity as well as protecting skin against environmental aggressors. I love the way my skin feels after using both products. Very clean and glowy! I’m looking forward to the long term benefits!
- Albeit Shimmer Stick: A great dupe for the Nars Multiple. Adds soft shimmer and highlighting to the face. For half the cost of the Nars stick!
Any new products you’ve been loving??
I love Sephora as much as the next girl but let’s face it my wallet can’t handle all those trips that start with a lipstick and end in a $200 receipt! Since I am a beauty junkie through and through I am always trying out new products and I have discovered tons of products I love that are much more wallet friendly. Here are some of my favorites:
1. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara: I have a confession. I have tried dozens and dozens of mascaras. Some were upwards of 30 dollars and honestly I still find this one to work the best on my lashes. It’s a cult product for a reason!
2. Revlon Colorburst Lip Pencils: Lipstick is my weakness when it comes to beauty products. My collection is always growing and I will try any brand with reckless abandon! These lip pencils come in a variety of amazingly pigmented colors and they last for hours. I always have at least 2 in my purse at any given time!
3. Essie Nailpolish: A tried and true brand for me. The colors are always on point and for me they last the longest and chip the least. Loving the new summer line including this one called Saltwater Happy.
4. Pantene Root Reboot Dry Shampoo: I could not live without dry shampoo. I have thin hair that gets oily pretty quick and in order to go two days without washing I need something to help to get me through that second day. I love this one because it gives my roots a nice boost and brushes through easily.
Do you have any beauty finds I should know about??
If you’ve never heard of Kate Somerville now is the time! I had always wanted to try her products but wasn’t sure I wanted to invest over a hundred dollars in a product I hadn’t tried. Thankfully there are now travel sizes so you can try without the guilt. I went with the ExfoliKate which is hailed as the 2 minute facial. I have been using it for a few weeks now and I am hooked. The scrub exfoliates away dead skin cells and leaves your skin so smooth and soft it really does feel like you just had an expensive facial. So what are you waiting for? Go get it!